Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air print problem after iOS7 update

After iOS7 update, I can no longer air print to my HP printer. I can see "Recently used printer", but when I try to print, the message says it is off line. i have rebooted iPad, router, and printer to no avail. The printer works fine with my PC. Help me, please?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 2:10 PM

31 replies

Sep 24, 2013 5:32 PM in response to Morgan le Fay

Since I downloaded ios7 to my iPad I get the message no airprinters found. I checked that the iPad and printer are on the same network. I unplugged and replugged the printer. I reset the network on the iPad. And, the printer function works and the printer is found on another iPad and 2 iPhones all with ios7. What could be causing the printer problem and how can I fix it on this one iPad?

Oct 3, 2013 12:27 PM in response to Morgan le Fay

my hp printer 1102w is not on the school network where I wook, so airprint was printing via the hp internal network. it seemed to be automatic before (perhaps not) ios7, but I just got it to print by actually switching to the hp internal wifi server network, and it has started printing. don't like the idea i have to sign off what I am doing on the internet to print, but right now that is the issue. I am also having to select the printer each time i print from an application. it does not seem to keep the select printer info static, so each time you ask it to print from the same app or different apps, i have to select.

Thats my story, I am sticking with it

Oct 6, 2013 4:00 AM in response to Morgan le Fay

Many users seem to have solved their problem by turning the router, printer, and iPad off and on. But it is not the case with me.

I can print using my PC and other devices, and I had no problem before iOS 7. It is clearly a problem associated with iOS 7.

I really wish Apple would address the known issues after the major uodate. It is very frustrating.

Oct 13, 2013 11:45 PM in response to Morgan le Fay

I have exactly the same hp Photosmart printer at work and in home. At home I can´t print because ios7 says there is no printer. Both printers has exactly the same configuration and the iphone or ipad are the same units so the differences must be in the wifi network. And obiously as we know that ios6 was working perfectly this issue must be a problem with bonjour under certain wifi networks configuration.

Question for ios7, don´t you remember that we are working and not playing angry birds?

Oct 15, 2013 2:55 PM in response to swinton45

First, I see printers listed here in this thread that are not AirPrint printers:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

In those cases, are you using some sort of AirPrint Server Hack? Which one?

If you are using an AirPrint printer, it must be on the same subnet and Bonjour packets must route. So get the WiFi IP address of your iPhone (iPad, iPod) and the IP address of your printers. Compair them.

As for Bonjour routing, try this Bonjour Browser App (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discovery-bonjour-browser/id305441017?mt=8) Does it see your printers?

Finally, if your printer is on a different network (HP Internal...), you will have to re-select the printer everytime. There is an iOS7 bug where it does not rememeber your most recently used printer.

Oct 15, 2013 4:06 PM in response to Morgan le Fay

Hi everyone.

If you could airprint before the iOS7 update these steps should get you back up and running. Esentially the step removing and readding your network on the iPad is the fix.

No AirPrint printers found error after update to iOS 7:

http://blog.chron.com/helpline/2013/10/no-airprint-printers-found-error-after-up date-to-ios-7/

Here is HP's list of compatible Airprint printers.

Which HP printers and LaserJets are compatible with Apple AirPrint? :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02623193#N394

I work on behalf of HP.

Oct 19, 2013 6:28 AM in response to Morgan le Fay

Hi and thanks to 2PointOh for his solution which works well. One or two further observations. If you have a WiFi router extention the proceedure needs to be repeated with each EXT channel(for my Netgear dual channel router extender) for Airprint to connect. Also, Airprint will not connect with my printer (HP 1120w) which is in standby mode which my PCs will do.

Air print problem after iOS7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.