Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app not updated/broken in iOS7

Well, my iPad 3 is generally laggy since the update, but the Remote app (which had it shortcomings before*) is now BROKEN.

The aforementioned bottom buttons are unresponsive, and if they do respond, the 'More...' button gets stuck with the Playlists, Genres, Composers, and Radio list sticking up.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App Store - though the latest version available is 3.0.1 from Jan 2013 - still broken.

I hope the Remote team at least turned out the lights when they abandoned this app...

*pre-iOS7 shortcomings of the app are:

• No Lyrics display
  • Truncated album titles even in Album view - please show full album titles - would displaying the Year be too much to ask?
  • When using 'Play Next' or 'Add to Up Next' you lose the ability to set tracks to Repeat or Shuffle

iPad, iOS 7, iPad v3, 32GB, AT&T

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 2:17 PM

12 replies

Sep 29, 2013 6:45 AM in response to John H Trimble

I can't believe Apple haven't addressed this. I'm only using the app to begin with because the remote the apple tv came with broke after 8 months, a problem I then found was surprisingly prevalent.

Anyway, bottom line, my apple TV is now nothing more than an ornament next to my TV.

Apple, please get of your arse and fix this issue for your loyal high-premium-paying customers. This kind of screw-up is exactly the kind of thing that Apple users used to sniggeringly associate with PC users. Maybe it's true when they say that Apple is a shadow of it former self when Steve Jobs was in charge.

Sep 29, 2013 4:17 PM in response to John H Trimble

Just found time to use remote app after updating my ipad 4 to iOS7 and the mac mini to the latest itunes version.

Besides the fact that the app can now only be enjoyed in portrait mode I also found that it isn't possible to use "Up next" at all: When i try to add a new album/song to the list i get an empty page that says "No songs" and I could download songs from iTunes ....

They obviously only worked on the Music app to get the radio function working and forgot about the rest.

Oct 5, 2013 2:48 PM in response to John H Trimble

Same problems for me plus a couple more: Volume slider disappeared when controlling my MBP iTunes Library using Airplay to route the music to my AVR (receiver/sound system) via Apple TV - same problem I had in v.1.0 Also, when playing the aforementioned iTunes MBP music library and my iPad goes to the lock screen, when I unlock the screen the iTunes music sound stops (although the music is still playing) and the Remote app starts playing the iTunes Radio channel I had been listening to earlier. All in all, as everyone else has stated in this thread, the Apple Remote app is completely JACKED in iOS 7. This blows my mind being an Apple app. Haven't had one problem (yet) in ANY other app since installing iOS 7. (iPad Retina (4) and iPad Mini; iOS 7.02 on both)

Remote app not updated/broken in iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.