Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer purchases from iphone to current version of itunes?

I want to update to iOS 7, but itunes warned me that I have purchases on my phone that haven't been transferred. But i can't figure out how to do a transfer in the current version of iTunes. I have only found tips on how to do it in an older version from about 2 years ago. Help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 2:30 PM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2013 11:57 AM in response to KWest04

Hello KWest04

There are two ways to do this. The first is when your iPhone is plugged in, look for in the File drop down menu then devices for a Transfer Purchases option. The second option is to look at your purchases and you can just download them from iTunes.

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848

Downloading past purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Dec 30, 2013 11:16 PM in response to KWest04

You can use this method to help you:

1. Launch the Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to computer transfer software and connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer with the USB cable.

2. The software will bring out all the contents in your iPhone/iPad and you can preview and select the purchased items you want to share.

3. Click the "Export" button to save the selected purchases to your computer.

User uploaded file

Feb 11, 2015 11:02 PM in response to KWest04

As for me, you can use MobiKin Assistant for iOS to transfer purchases from iPhone to iTunes directly. It is an excellent software and can sync data from iOS device to computer easily. These data including text messages, purchases, contacts, music, photos, video, tv shows, voice memos, podcasts, ringtones, books, etc. Beside, it can support almost all iOS devices, including the latest iPhone 6 plus/6, iPhone 5s/5/4s/4, iPad air/mini, iPod, etc. High compatibility make it become the one of most professional iOS tools. You can have a free try. Believe it can help you a lots.

Apr 20, 2015 12:40 AM in response to KWest04

From iphonefaq, you can follow these to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.

2. Make sure that iTunes is authorized and you are logged into your account. From the top menu choose Store -> Sign In. To authorize the computer for use with your account select Store -> Authorize This Computer.

3. From the left menu under DEVICES right-click on the name of your iPhone (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) to display the shortcut menu.

4. Choose the Transfer Purchases from iPhone option.

Or you can refer to this: Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

how do I transfer purchases from iphone to current version of itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.