Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Center not letting me close notifications?

Hi,

My Notification Center is not letting me close the notifications that have come up as a bannar by pressing the 'x' next to the app name, anyone know why?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:11 PM

Back up all data.

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2013 7:11 PM in response to cheese22211

Back up all data.

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Notification Center not letting me close notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.