Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S Fingerprint Data Sent to NSA

Now, with the recent NSA scandals involving everyones' personal info/data being gathered, is the iPhone 5S secure and is it safe to allow the device to keep a digital copy of your fingerprint?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Quad Core i7 8GB Ram 750GB 7200

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 2:55 PM

12 replies

Dec 30, 2013 4:20 PM in response to maplebob23

Why are you still using Apple products? You claimed over a year ago that you wished you had never bought an Apple product.

You seem like you are on your computer trying to have fun at the expense of others.

This forum is for those that are seeking help and would like legitimate answers to their questions.

If your intent is to, for a lack of a better term, "troll," please do so elsewhere.

Your other threads were reported and thus deleted.

Dec 30, 2013 5:12 PM in response to maplebob23

People freely give away their data-Facebook, Google, Twitter.

You are tracked if you have a cellphone, your carrier knows where and when you are anyplace.

Your entire internet history is tracked by any ISP that you have service through.

If you want privacy-stop using any electronic devices or the internet.

Freaking out because you finally pulled your head out and realized you gave your privacy up years ago is ridiculous.

Dec 31, 2013 10:34 AM in response to maplebob23

Your posts seemed inflammatory without any links or information cited, and the only information I have been able to gather from searches online are mostly links to sensationalist articles attempting to cause mass alarm.

The truth is there is no way anybody knows how to block the Dropout Jeep program from accessing your phone except to turn it off or use Airplane Mode (and even with the latter, there's no way to know if anything is turning on data momentarily to send out anything).

Nothing has been confirmed or denied by Apple or the NSA, so we still do not know if what is being said is true. My personal mantra is that nothing you do online is safe, and any electronic devices you use have the potential to be hacked.

While such a program may exist, I doubt that the NSA will be pushing or pulling any data on most average users, and now that it's out in the light (if it's indeed true), it will be harder still for them to do anything without fear of discovery or reproach.

iPhone 5S Fingerprint Data Sent to NSA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.