Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download ICloud

I have a 10.5.8 MacBook and don't believe that I have ICloud. I am going to be getting an IPhone 5c and would love to sync the stuff on my computer to my phone. Is there a place on the apple website to be able to download ICloud?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 3:56 PM

8 replies

Sep 22, 2013 11:27 PM in response to kelseyfromwy

First. Yes.

Second. Depends on whether or not your Mac meets v10.7 (Lion) requriements here.

To use Lion, make sure your computer has the following:

• An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later to install via the Mac App Store (v10.6.8 recommended); you can install without Mac OS X v10.6 by using an OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive, available on the Apple Online Store
  • 7 GB of available disk space
  • 2 GB of RAM

With a Mac running v10.5.8, you must first upgrade to v10.6 Snow Leopare which can be purchased from the Apple Store > Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store

You will need to upgrade to Snow Leopard, at the least v10.6.6 to have access to the App Store in order to purchase, download, and install v10.7 Lion.

Sep 22, 2013 11:38 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

The Lion Thumb Drive is no longer available. To obtain Lion ring the Online Store at the number given at bottom left of this page.

To run Snow Leopard your Mac must be Intel - if it is PPC you cannot proceed.

You should be aware that PPC programs (such as AppleWorks) will not run on Lion or above; and some other applications may not be compatible - there is a useful compatibility checklist at http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Sep 23, 2013 12:08 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

To run Snow Leopard your Mac must be Intel - if it is PPC you cannot proceed.

As I stated: To use Lion, make sure your computer has the following:

An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon

OP made no mention of AppleWorks software. And, yes, I'm aware of that.

I wasn't referring to a USB drive.

I think you can dowload Lion after calling Apple to purchase then use the redemption code at the App Store.

Download ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.