Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2013 Bootcamp problem!

Hi

I recently purchased a Mac Book Air 2013 a few days ago and have been trying to get Windows 7 up and running on it. However, I keep running into the same error over and over again.

I am able to select the language and keyboard layout etc. However after clicking 'Install' it will begin to look like the setup is begining, as there is a cicrcle icon spinning and "Setup is Starting" appears.

Then i receive the following error "Install Windows": "Windows Setup encountered an internal error while loading or searching for an unattend answer file."

Extra Info:

- I am using an iso image which i downloaded directly from Microsoft. So i know for a fact the iso is not tampered with or corrupted in anyway. I lso had the same exact error when trying to install a copy of Windows 8 aswell.

- I am using a 16GB USB drive so I don't think that could be the problem either.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated! I have so far only managed to find one other user who had a similar problem and I am not sure if they managed to fix it or not. Here's a link to his discussion thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5176298?answerId=22502335022#22502335022

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 4:27 PM

2 replies

Nov 8, 2013 1:08 PM in response to Lorh93

Hi Lorh 93,

I managed to fix my problem mate. I highly reccomend you use a USB to install Windows 7. You can download legit ISO files from the Internet which need activation codes etc. Or like me lol I used a pre activated pirated ISO from PrateBay.

Now make sure you are using a high quality USB stick with atleast 8GB memory. When i had the error I was using a non branded USB which had very slow read and write speeds! This was what caused the error strangely. The moment I used a HP memory stick using the exact same ISO file for Windows, the installation was a breeze.

So basically 1) Use a high quality USB with tleast 8GB memory. 2) Create a bootable memory stick using Bootcamp for the USB 3) Close bootcamp and then reopen it again and make sure you install the bootcamp software onto the stick. 4) Completley shutdown your mac and start the installation from a cold boot (This helped me for some odd reason)

There are many vidoes on youtube on how to do this. Hope this somewhat helps you /: It was very frustrating for me

MacBook Air 2013 Bootcamp problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.