Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 airplay speakers playing simultaneously?

I've got a home network with 2 airport express, a receiver Yamaha and 2 an airplay speakers.

Problem is that I'd like to have more than I device playing the same music simultaneously on airplay, and it can't do that because the menus doesn't allow me to choose more than 1 device.

Is there a way to do that?

AirPlay-OTHER

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 6:35 PM

If you are trying to stream to multiple AirPlay Speakers simultaneously from an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch) you won't be able to as it is not supported. iOS only supports streaming to one AirPlay Speaker at a time.

22 replies

Nov 9, 2013 11:36 AM in response to Pablo Cesar

I had the same question which ultimately led me here. A solution I found, and one I think you and everyone else would appreciate, is an app called Portal . This app allows me to play ALL system sounds to as many airplay speakers as I'd like. This is especially helpful for folks like me that do not use iTunes. It's a tad bit "expensive" for an app at $16...but it works like a charm and allows me to take full advantage of my two airplay speakers.

Dec 7, 2013 4:31 PM in response to Pablo Cesar

This is what you want:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/airplay-multiroom-player-by/id663776918?mt=8

I just wish I was a bit better than I am with programming as there would be a lot more that I would want to do with this app such as a butter UI and add features like support for spotify, iTunes server and see what is already playing from other users.

If anyone what's to build something like this I can work on UI and testing

Nov 30, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Tesserax

Apple please! If WHAALE can do it with their app why not Music or Beats Music? There is zero need to introduce a Mac and the Itunes Remote App to make this work. Apple, please simplify, not complicate my life. This is a great user experience, just poorly executed and complicated. Please give us multiple airplay in Music and Beats Music. There is no need for Sonos when apple airplay can do it all. I'd buy another AppleTV and a few airport expresses if this feature were available in IOS.

Dec 8, 2014 3:29 AM in response to Pablo Cesar

I would like to be able to play Spotify on 2 speaker systems at the same time.

It seems like Airfoil and their associated Airfoil remote would be the only solution at this time. I agree it is a cumbersome set up. I have not yet tried it. There is no good reason why Apple can't allow this to work from an iOS device, along with ways to adjust volume separately.

This is a "sonos killer" app that must be do able. Many would pay for it.

Keep me in the loop here. Thank you.

Alan

2 airplay speakers playing simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.