Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S - App Store - Cannot connect / Strange behavior.

I picked up a 5S on launch day to replace my 4S. Brought it home and tried to do a backup from my 4S that was upgraded to iOS7. I was unable to do that, so I set the phone up as a new phone and proceeded to download all my old apps from iTunes / App store.

iTunes downloaded the 7.0.1 update. Installed without a problem.

When I try to access the App store now, I immediately get a message that says "Cannot Connect to App Store" - then another one pops in behind it. When I click "cancel" another "Cannot Connect to App Store" pops up (3 total).

The things I have tried so far:

• Forced reset of iphone
  • Remove Apple ID and re-enter on phone
  • Change date / time from automatic on phone and access app store (didn't work)
  • Restore iPhone from Mac Pro ("iTunes could not restore the iPhone because an error occured.) Well gee, that was helpful.

I spent all morning organizing 14 pages of apps into folders. My next step is to do a full reset on the phone, wipe out whatever backup I had of it on my Mac Pro, and start over. I'd really, really like to avoid that step.

Any suggestions on what possibly could have happend / how to fix it?

Thank you,

Andy

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 10:03 PM

I am facing a similar issue with my 5s on 7.0.3. Whenever the phone asks for password for my apple id , and i press ok, it says cannot connect to iTunes store. It took me a lot of retries and hard reset to sign in for the first time

7 replies

Nov 3, 2013 12:59 AM in response to Andy-hawaii

I think they are having some issues with the Apple Store mine still shows a 3 by the icon but all the apps were updated, and when open up the store the updates section doesn't load its just blank. When i sync it up with itunes evey thing looks fine but its still messed up on the actual phone.

It kind of sounds like a similar issue they had with the apple updater for desktop a couple months back.

Nov 9, 2013 9:10 AM in response to JBnew2MAC

WELL - WELL - i finally got it to work in this order

- Restore phone via iTune (used latest back up from iCloud to restore)

- Changed SAFARI setting "Block Cookies" = NEVER

- Changed time and date setting AUTOMATIC to OFF

- Manually changed the date to exactly ONE year ahead (in my case Nov 9, 2014)

- Turn Off the iPhone/ turn it back on

- Reset the time and date to AUTOMATIC

No MORE "Can Not Connect to Itune Store" error!! woo hoo

Hope this help!

iPhone 5S - App Store - Cannot connect / Strange behavior.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.