352 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 1:11 AM by Barry RSS
Kalynn S Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 22, 2013 7:41 PM

QUALIFICATIONS

MacBook Air
  • Barry Level 7 Level 7 (29,095 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2013 1:11 AM (in response to Kalynn S)

Hi Kalynn,

Do you mean How do I insert a rule below a heading?

Here's an example, using a single rule below Heading 2 (and heading 4), and a pair of rules above and below Heading 3.

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 1.01.59 AM.png

Borders and rules are controlled in the More section of the Text inspector:

For Heading 2, click anywher in the 'paragraph' "Heading 2", then make the Inspector settings shown in the "Borders and Rules" section. For heading 3, the settings are the same, except that the third button is selected in place of the (highlighted) second.

You can capture this setting as a Paragraph Style. With the insertion point anywhere in "Heading 2", go to the Format menu and choose Create new paragraph style from selection. Give the Style a descriptive name. The name will appear in the Styles Drawer, and may be applied by selecting a paragraph (heading) then clicking the style name.

Regards,

Barry

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.