You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could you please recall iOS6 interface design on upcoming iOS7.2?

I believe Apple ID sesign is still outstanding the world. but iOS 7 interface design looks so cheap and child that will pull down iPhone.

Could you please recall iOS6 interface design on upcoming iOS7.2? And please do not use the same low level visual design on any OSX with Mac.😠

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:28 PM

14 replies

Sep 26, 2013 8:33 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris,

Isn't this a "discussion" forum as the title says at the top:

Apple Support Communities > iPhone > Using iPhone > Discussions

Which means we should be able to discuss the concept of requesting apple to offer the original

iphone interface as an option on the next iOS7 release. I think the topic is a perfectly good one and we should have a forum to discuss it.

My personal opinion is there are many many UI issues with iOS7, here are just a few we could talk about:

1. I have blue eyes, and the contrast between the white white and the light grey on many of the new screens makes it very hard if not impossible for me to use without reading glasses. I am 51 years old and find that I need to pull out my reading glasses much more often now.

2. iTunes on iOS7 is very hard to use now, they now show all my iCloud music and require me to page through 100's of songs. The UI here is broken and we should have discussions about it.

3. The weather applicatinos changing background means that 50% of the time, the wihte city name is hidden by white cloud, i have 20 cities and it's very hard to use that application as well now.

4. Notes: There is a reason humanity developed the yellow on black legal pad, It works, black on yellow is easy to read. A thin font on stark white is hard to read. The usability of notes bad has become horrible, especially someone with blue eyes.

5. The calendar UI is far to small, i can't use my fingers to select days now, the people that tested iOS7 must have had very very small fingers. Sure i've gained a few pounds, but honestly, the places you have to touch are so small now, if your off just a little bit, you can't use this application. It's like apple has just abandonded usabilty for packing more options and data into the screen.

I would like this discussion thread to be used to publicly discuss other people's challenges using the UI design, then others can weight in. Possibly others have other issues, or solutions that I've not noticed. That's what discussion boards are for.

Anyone else feeling this way? Has anyone started making a list that we can all add to? Is there a better discussion area. I'm a long time Apple customer, have over 20 different iphone for me and my 6 person family, I've upgraded to every iphone, I have 30-50 differen Macs from servers to desktops to laptops. I think we need to have a seriious discussion about software usability, vs hardware design. I think Tim has made the mistake of thinking "design" equals "usability". iOS7 is not a great user experience, which is supposed to be one of Apples true value propositions, it's actually one of the worst user experiences I've ever experienced having worked on OS's and software now for 25 years.

I run communities at one of the top software companies in the world and we monitor all the forums and we have threads with 300-400 posts where people discuss features and usability, good and bad. And yes, I suspect apple looks at popular threads in their communities. Also, google picks this up and it's a good place to get the issue more exposure in google SEO rankings.

I know its rare for apple to have such problems, but that doesn't mean they won't have them, and we need a place to discuss them.

Eric

Sep 29, 2013 11:09 PM in response to PlotinusVeritas

🙂

Flat design is one of basic skill for most professional visual designers. but good flat design usually hard been come out. Apple OS 1.0 did a history in flat desing, Palm OS did a history as well. People can got easy to use interface on their Mac and Palm even the hardward based on low CPU speed and low resolution screen.

Now we have fast green processor with high resolution color screen and memory size , we should did more such like Iron-man movie. 😍

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uploads/2009/03/mac-os-1.gifUser uploaded file

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uploads/2009/03/mac-os-1.gif

User uploaded file

Could you please recall iOS6 interface design on upcoming iOS7.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.