Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong songs order in music app after upgrading to iOS 7

After updating my iPad 3 to iOS 7 i have a problem with songs sorting in music app. It became a total chaos. Instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. it's 14, 2, 8, 3, etc. I have another iPad 3 and i have the same issue. Interesting fact is that new chaotic order is different on those two. So, most probabably it's not a problem of content.

I tryed to delete all music and download it again using iTunes and direct download from iCloud and it's still the chaos. I browsed all settings on iPad and haven't found anything about sorting. On my iPhone 5 everything is ok after updating.

It would be great to hear some thoughts on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 9:40 PM

12 replies

Sep 24, 2013 9:12 PM in response to Armenak_A

I also have this problem. The song order seems to shuffle randomly in the Music app with IOS7, in album or artist view. In song view, the order is fine. I have an iPad 2 and never had this issue with previous versions of IOS. It affects both purchased and mp3 files. After syncing the iPad the song order is correct, then randomly jumbles a short time thereafter. Clearly a bug - a bad one!- that they need to iron out.

Oct 29, 2013 9:54 AM in response to R Ellis

I've got this problem too. "Reset all setting" works well for me but now I have a new problem.

All my Album are listed by alphabetical order and they are not grouped by Artist.

Same problem in the song view, all song appear in alphabetical order and are not grouped by Artist.

Their is a way to solve that?

I have a iPad 2 with iOS 7. thanks

Oct 29, 2013 2:13 PM in response to Armenak_A

This is all a bit rubbish of Apple, why on earth would anyone want the songs on thier albums in a jumbled up order? i am no techo geek and i dont feel good doing the reset all settings thing if sorts one problem but means i then have sort out a whole bunch of other things to sort!!!!

My preference would for Apple to JUST SORT IT OUT!!!!

Nov 9, 2013 2:22 AM in response to Armenak_A

Apple why don't you just admit it, the music app is broke. I hardly use iPad to listen anymore, too much hassle, is that what you really want as a business proposition? Release an update to 7 putting the music app back to 6, not perfect but a 100 times better than this mess? I won't love you any less, perhaps more for you just being honest with us!

Dec 22, 2013 2:56 AM in response to R Ellis

Same here. Since I have a lot of classic music including operas on my iPad, this is totally s..t! You can hear Beethovens 5th symphony starting with final set, tomorrow perhaps with the 3rd set, I AM VERY ANGRY!

Idiotically, there is NO SUCH PROBLEM in OSX, working just fine on my iMac.

Apple, you would do great not to invest more ****** things in your map app - only reason is that google is a competitor and you dont like google - GET UP AN GET THINGS RIGHT IN THE MUSIC PLAYER without restoring the whole device and re-entering all info....

Dec 22, 2013 3:21 AM in response to Armenak_A

It would be nice to be able to delete entire albums again rather than just one song after another after another... With the updated IOS7 music player and photos app, you have to do much more syncing with your computer, rather than less. Then again, I use my 2009 iPod classic for listening to all my music (still the best music player ever made) so its not like I really give a monkey's chuff.

Wrong songs order in music app after upgrading to iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.