Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth won't connect to JBL Flip

Is there a fix for Bluetooth yet? My iOS7 upgrade worked for about 15 minutes and then sound jumbled and now won't work. I removed the device and tried to pair it again with my JBL Flip. The phone sees the JBL but wont pair. All of us in the house that upgraded are having the same issue I'm pretty ticked Apple wouldn't fully test something so basic. I see others are having the same problem with many other devices.

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 10:02 PM

20 replies

Apr 23, 2017 9:50 PM in response to ksills3

I was unable to pair two different iPhones (iOS 10) with a JBL Flip (v1) even after going through the steps outlined by Netking83. Both phones discovered the JBL Flip when it was flashing but could were unable to pair.

What finally worked was first pairing the JBL Flip with my Macbook. After that, went through the same steps on the phones and they paired immediately.

Jan 16, 2014 11:31 AM in response to ksills3

I found the solution.

Start bluetooth on the iPhone

Start the JBL speaker, the button lights blue and you hear a short warning-sound.

Now push the startbutton on the JBL again and hold it.

The light turns red.

Look at the iPad and after a short period the name JBL pops up.

Stop pushing the "red" button at the JBL

Select the JBL name at the iPad to connect.

When it is connected or paired, your done.

The next time you want to connect the JBL you do not have to repeat the above, because your iPhone knows you have a JBL.

Jul 4, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Netking83

Right on Netking83! Thank you very much. I was getting frustrated trying to figure out why it wouldn't connect. What I find is that as long as my iPhone is connected even though I am not accessing the JBL Flip, my girlfriend's iPhone won't connect. Once I disabled my connection with the Flip, my girlfriends iPhone could connect. Then, when I went to connect my iPhone again, I couldn't connect to the Flip at all even after disabling the Flip from my girlfriends iPhone.

There is some bug between the iPhone 5 latest IOS release, and the JBL Flip? It is silly that it can connect to only one iPhone at a time even though one iPhone is not accessing the JBL Flip.

Cheers and have a happy July 4th 2015.

Aug 24, 2015 1:28 AM in response to VietnameseStoner

I found the solution.

I had been trying to get my JBL Flip to become discoverable by my Apple iPhone 5s, and my Apple Macbook.

This is what worked:

Press the Start button on the JBL Flip, it will make a warning beep and turn on. The start button will glow blue.

Press the '+' and '-' buttons together, and press the 'bluetooth' button on the JBL Flip, and keep pressed until the bluetooth button starts blinking blue. Now the JBL Flip is in pairing mode and can be discovered by the Apple device.

JBL Flip will appear in devices available in the Bluetooth settings on the Apple device.

Jan 10, 2016 8:13 AM in response to Netking83

I want to say THANK YOU. I just spent an hour looking up ways to undo "forget this device" from the iPhone, but once I looked up how to troubleshoot from the JBL device platform, you directions worked. I can't thank you enough for saving me a trip to the Apple store, and even better, saving me from possible loss of sanity by having to deal with the "geniuses" there.

Feb 14, 2016 3:20 PM in response to mukulsaxena

Hi mukulsaxena,

Thank you so much for your post ! Your solution really worked !!!

Saved me so much time and headaches, this solution is like reset of the bluetooth!

mukulsaxena wrote:

I found the solution.

I had been trying to get my JBL Flip to become discoverable by my Apple iPhone 5s, and my Apple Macbook.

This is what worked:

Press the Start button on the JBL Flip, it will make a warning beep and turn on. The start button will glow blue.

Press the '+' and '-' buttons together, and press the 'bluetooth' button on the JBL Flip, and keep pressed until the bluetooth button starts blinking blue. Now the JBL Flip is in pairing mode and can be discovered by the Apple device.

JBL Flip will appear in devices available in the Bluetooth settings on the Apple device.

Bluetooth won't connect to JBL Flip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.