5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 2:16 PM by bhitay
kriska Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Very unusual question, and I really have no clue where to post this question; however, when I type a search in Safari on my iPhone 4s, my query shows up in my girlfriends Android Internet History.

In other words, I type 'iPhone 4s' in Safari (which uses Google as search engine), my search 'iPhone 4s' magically shows up as Internet history in her phone. 

This does not work from her direction back to me.

Although humorous, this obviously can cause many complications.  How in the world do I turn it off?  or even have it set in the first place?

I use Yahoo for contact information.  She uses all Google / Droid.

• joshua274 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

You must be sharing a google account then that is a feature of google.

Or u are using chrome and also sharing one google account

Don't share ur google account and it should stop

• suze_b18 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the exact same problem, i have never signed into my google account on my fiances phone but it keeps showing everything i search for on this search history!!!

• kriska Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I forgot to mention that we each have standalone computers and separate google accounts.  We both use Chrome; however, we do not share logins and the problem exists during use of my iPhone, not computer.

• scoop5377 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

First of all, clear your history by going to settings, safari, clear history.  Secondly, go back to safari, and hit the icon that shows a new page.  There you will see you can choose "Private:.  When you hit "Private", you will be asked, "Would you like to close existing pages before turning on Private Browsing.  At this point, it does not matter your response.  You can either keep all open or close all.  It does not matter. What you want to do is make sure you are browsing in private.  This should resolve your issue from here on out.  I don't know if by clearing the browsing history it also clears the history on your girlfriend's phone.  I believe it does, but not sure.

There will be some web sites where you must turn off private browsing to use their site, or a portion of their site.  If this is the case, just remember to turn your browsing back to private.  In the alternative, there are some applications for both iPhone and probably droids, that will clear your history every time you leave Safari.  I am not sure if these applications will present the same issue of needing to turn off your private browsing to use certain sites.

Hope this helps.  If it does, please let me know.

Scoop.

• bhitay Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I have the same problem as well...

My search history started showing up on my friend's Nexus 7! After the kitkat update. We bought the Nexus 7 from my account but checked it as a gift so it was never associated with my account, and he had been using it without any problems or clashes with my account.

But now my search history is showing up on his device. What can I do, other than having to constantly use private browsing. What did you ending up doing Kriska?

Thanks.