Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 video player scrub/skip issues - iPhone 4s

Ever since i updated to the ios 7, ive noticed a serious issue on the system's built-in video player. Both on landscape/portrait view, i can no longer scrub/skip within the video 'smoothly' as i used to be able to do so in ios 6. Specifically, on the latter version the scrub point used to be very sensitive and responsive to touch, resulting in the abillity to smoothly skip forwards/backwards with steps as low as 1sec, depending on the 'speed' (or 'acceleration') you'd scrub. On ios 7 though, this same function is completely broken since the half-transparent controls of the video player appear to be too demanding graphics-wise, resulting in a very stuttery scrub, that 'jumps' every 30-50 secs at a time, thus making it impossible to get to a determined point in the video. I want to make clear that this is much more than a gfx anomaly since it breaks one of the players most important functions. Add to this the fact that ios does not allow online/offline videos to be opened by a 3rd-party video player and also that the built-in player doesn't even allow for aspect ratio correction and you end up with a seriously sub-par experience in watching online/offline videos with an iPhone 4s running ios 7. Anyone over at Apple reading this??

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:29 AM

1 reply

ios 7 video player scrub/skip issues - iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.