Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not return to same place on page

Before the ios7 upgrade, when I read online newspapers using safari I would select a story and when I had finished it I would close it and Safari would auto-return to the same place in the newspaper that I was at before I 'broke-out' to read the full story.

Since the upgrade safari does not take me back to the original location in the newspaper but takes me to either the top of the paper or just below it.

Is this just another ios7 foible or is there a setting which must be selected?

iPad

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:08 AM

Just seen the same problem arose in regard to a previous upgrade https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3669931

18 replies

Dec 20, 2013 1:16 PM in response to makfai

I just confirmed with Apple T/S that this is something that Safari can NOT do any more in either OSX and iOS7. The only workaround is to open link in new page or tab. Or as someone mentioned, switch browsers, which is what I'm doing. Chrome works just fine in iOS and OSX. Not sure I understand the rational behind that decision. This is standard browser behavior.

Safari not return to same place on page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.