Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 4S Microphone Not Working Please Help!!

Hello Everyone,

I have an IPHONE 4S that has recently had an exciting journey through my washing machine.... Yes the washing machine! 😠

And yes i do realise this is the problem why my microphone is not working but i would like to get more information about what part could be the problem.

I have replaced my battery (not part of this problem) and i have also replaced the speaker and microphone part by the charger port. This still did not fix the problem, my speaker works just fine on the new and old part, but the microphone is still not playing ball... i can make calls but as you can understand no one can hear me! It doesn’t work on voice control, voice memo etc....

Now when i say it doesn’t work it does in a weird way! If i SHOUT as loud as i possibly can you can hear me in the background but as loud a mouse..... This is why i am a little confused because it is working but it isn’t picking up how loud i am talking??

I can also use headphones with a microphone and this works just fine, but having my headphones on me 24/7 is going to be a little annoying!

Please can someone explain why the microphone is only working if i shout as loud as i possible can? Some loose connections? - But then surely this would just not work completely? Another part to replace?

Just to add the phone works completley fine even if it encountered significant water damage! it happened about 3 weeks ago now.

Thank you to anyone who gives some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!! 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:59 AM

There are no replies.

IPHONE 4S Microphone Not Working Please Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.