Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd party mailbox emails dissapered from sent items

hi,

we have 3 mailboxes, 2 are gmail accounts, the 3rd is my work email address. it's the 3rd one that is a big issue. i receive emails via their pop3 server, and send emails via smtp.gmail.com.

what is happening regularly now is

1) loss of connection and imail not accepting the password for the email.

2) my mailbox is completely empty. i rebuilt it and everything looked to have come back. but i looked at sent folder, went back to the mailbox and it was empty again - 2 minutes after the rebuild.

3) mails sent from my 3rd emaill adress are not listed in the sent folder.

i have had the 1) problem several times and have lost loads of time figuring it out but the problem keeps happening.

the missing emails is a major issue for me! and this started hapenning around the 14th august.

any help gratefully received!

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 3:11 AM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2013 10:48 AM in response to SundaySoftware

Just figured it out. Somehow Gmail changed a setting on itself. I certainly didn't do it. Probably happened when the sign-in blipping started.

1. Click SETTINGS
  2. Click LABELS
  3. UN-CLICK "SHOW IN IMAP" next to your Sent folder.

Now Sent folder appears under Inbox with all my sent email listed in it.

And not to worry... As Gmail notes: Removing a label will not remove the messages with that label.

3rd party mailbox emails dissapered from sent items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.