Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Declined events show up anyway...

"show declined events" doesn't work in my iPhone 4S (ios7). Declined events show up anyway. How can I solve this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 1:38 PM

2 solutions. Go to the full facebook site on a PC and go to the event. There is an 'X' on the right hand side next to the event which you can click. This will delete the event and it will no longer show up in your iphone calendar.

A better solution is not to use the FB calendar integration but instead subscribe yourself to your facebook events. You can do this by going to your events page on the full facebook site on a PC. Click on the cog in the top right hand corner and select export and then select upcoming events - copy the link from that and email it to yourself. Open the email on your iphone and click on the link. That will prompt you to subscribe to you FB events calendar which you should do. All your facebook events excluding declined events will now show in your iphone calendar.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2013 1:38 PM in response to pascalca

2 solutions. Go to the full facebook site on a PC and go to the event. There is an 'X' on the right hand side next to the event which you can click. This will delete the event and it will no longer show up in your iphone calendar.

A better solution is not to use the FB calendar integration but instead subscribe yourself to your facebook events. You can do this by going to your events page on the full facebook site on a PC. Click on the cog in the top right hand corner and select export and then select upcoming events - copy the link from that and email it to yourself. Open the email on your iphone and click on the link. That will prompt you to subscribe to you FB events calendar which you should do. All your facebook events excluding declined events will now show in your iphone calendar.

Oct 20, 2013 3:12 PM in response to MG1999

I'm very confused.

Why would you send the above response to me?

It seemed to me as if your response to the original poster above assumed that the original poster was using a Facebook calendar. I did not see that anywhere in the original post.

Maybe you sent me the message about turning "show declined events" off not working, meaning that doesn't work for Facebook calendars. I'm not sure.

Nov 9, 2014 5:37 PM in response to pascalca

After a lot of trouble, I finally found a solution that worked for me! This issue first came up with the iOS 6 update. I found a supposed solution but ran into more problems. Here's what I did:

1. Find the Facebook Event page on your COMPUTER BROWSER (if it's private, go to the event on your iPhone Calendar and scroll down. Click "View on Facebook" and copy the link.)
  2. On the right, you'll see an icon with three dots. Click that and select "Remove me from the Guest List" (this is not possible on the iPhone app) Selecting "Not Going" is not enough - you must remove the event.
  3. Now go to Settings on your iPhone. Scroll down and click on Facebook. Under "Allow these apps to your account," turn OFF Calendars and then back on.*
    *When I first tried this, the Settings app just froze. I could click Home and pull down Notifications, but I couldn't move the Settings app at all. I closed Settings and tried a couple of times with no results. If this happens to you or step 2 doesn't do the trick, here's what I did that finally worked:

Uninstall the Facebook app on your iPhone

Turn off your iPhone and back on

Make sure you've removed yourself from the guest list on the Facebook event

Check the settings for Facebook under the Settings application (Facebook will still be listed even though you don't have it installed) and make sure the Calendars toggle is ON

Reinstall Facebook

This worked for me. Hopefully this helps! Let me know.

Nov 19, 2014 3:32 PM in response to MG1999

Your second solution works perfectly, thanks! This issue has been a real pain in the *** since years to me, having to go in Facebook on a desktop web browser to be able to remove myself from events I declined… (Which in itself is a huge usability issue on Facebook side) At last you gave an acceptable solution, allowing to still keep declined events in Facebook to stay updated, without having my calendar messed up.

Bonus: in order to subscribe to your Facebook events, you can simply click on the link on Facebook on your mac and create the calendar subscription inside iCloud on your mac, and you'll have your Facebook calendar available immediately on your other devices thanks to iCloud's magic 🙂

Still, it's a little weird to have to select one particular event in Facebook in order to be able to subscribe to all your future Facebook events…

Dec 14, 2014 1:29 PM in response to pascalca

All the solutions here are just workarounds and don't update automacically... I didn't see declined fb events on my ipad so I knew it was possible but i still did see them on my iphone... And the thing that made the difference was in the settings: settings - mail, contacts, calendars - scroll to calendars and set sync to all (instead of 30 days) works perfectly for me! I have ios 8.1.2...

Declined events show up anyway...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.