Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in windows iCloud Control Panel 3.0, photos checkbox grey out! what should i do?

in windows iCloud Control Panel 3.0, photos checkbox grey out! what should i do?

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Have had some success with multiple computers running Windows 7, Vista, and Windows Server 2008 doing the following with iCloud Control Panel 3.1 (combination of several different remedies posted in forum):

1. Sign out of iCloud Control Panel
  2. Open Task Manager and End all Apple iCloud and Photostream processes
  3. Delete the files from the Directory C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Mediastream
  4. Open iCloud Control Panel and sign in with apple ID
  5. If Photo option is still greyed out, sign out and sign back in with iCloud email address and password.

This has worked for seven users that I support across several different windows hardware platforms. Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2014 2:15 PM in response to hkalec

Have had some success with multiple computers running Windows 7, Vista, and Windows Server 2008 doing the following with iCloud Control Panel 3.1 (combination of several different remedies posted in forum):

1. Sign out of iCloud Control Panel
  2. Open Task Manager and End all Apple iCloud and Photostream processes
  3. Delete the files from the Directory C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Mediastream
  4. Open iCloud Control Panel and sign in with apple ID
  5. If Photo option is still greyed out, sign out and sign back in with iCloud email address and password.

This has worked for seven users that I support across several different windows hardware platforms. Good luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.