Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML NFS Server, Linux Client, autofs

I'm having two NFS Servers with Snow Leopard Server and Mountain Lion (OSX-) Server installed. The clients are running different OSes (Linux, Solaris). I'm using the technology of automounting / autofs.

It works okay, but: Under unknown circumstances I get some trouble. The client with Ubuntu Precise Pengolin wants to mount a directory from the ML server and don't get a connection.

Sep 22 08:57:07 client automount[9676]: attempting to mount entry /users/directory

Sep 22 09:03:07 client kernel: [1547826.144228] nfs: server nfsserver not responding, still trying

Then the client hangs and only a hard reset helps. This occurs only with the NFS OSX Server and only some times. I can't discover when.

Has somebody similar experiences?

Mac Pro, OS X Server

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:48 AM

There are no replies.

ML NFS Server, Linux Client, autofs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.