Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading iOs 7 to my iPad 2 Skype application mic and video is not working? any advice?

I downloaded iOs 7 to my iPad 2 and updated Skype app. After this,m microphone and video are not working. My called party is not able hear me nor see me. Any guidance from the Community?

g.k.fromind

iPad 2, iOS 7, Relates to Skype iPad application.

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:34 PM

The mic has to be turned on in your settings. The update turned it off! I don't know about the video.

4 replies

Dec 9, 2014 11:51 AM in response to g.k.fromind

After updating IOS many people have the same problem that the mic no longer works and Apple say it is a hardware problem. Rubbish! Plug in an apple earphone and then try it. (Apple earphones have 4 sections on the jack plug, must be this type.) Mic works fine so obviously it is a problem in the new IOS and this is a way around it!

Hope this helps other people,

Chris.

After downloading iOs 7 to my iPad 2 Skype application mic and video is not working? any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.