Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my apple id and cannot change my icloud account

I changed my apple id and would like to update my icloud to the same id how do I do that

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 6:58 AM

You cannot change your Apple-"iCloud"-ID if your iCloud-ID is a mac.com, me.com or icloud.com email address. If you are using an email-address from a other provider (outlook, gmail etc.) as your Apple-iCloud-ID, then it should already be the same. Just try to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Delete Account) and then try to set it up again by signing in with your new email address.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2013 6:58 AM in response to RoseMay

You cannot change your Apple-"iCloud"-ID if your iCloud-ID is a mac.com, me.com or icloud.com email address. If you are using an email-address from a other provider (outlook, gmail etc.) as your Apple-iCloud-ID, then it should already be the same. Just try to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Delete Account) and then try to set it up again by signing in with your new email address.

I changed my apple id and cannot change my icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.