Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2014 12:19 AM by Detlef Schmitt
r.a.parks Level 1 Level 1

Since upgrading to iOS 7, my colleagues and I can open attachments on unencrypted e-mail messages just fine.  When reading an encrypted message, we can see the message body text but the attachment pulsates inexplicably.  I've included a screen-shot (moving GIF) and a brief writeup here...

http://snnyc.com/2013/09/ios7-smime-fail/

Robert Parks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2
  • Steve Nicholls Level 4 Level 4

Just a thought as this isn't really my strong point but in Settings>Mail, Contacts & Calendars>acccout_name>Account>Advanced there is a S/MIME button, is this green?  If not try turning on, it may help?

Regards,

Steve

• r.a.parks Level 1 Level 1

Steve -

S/MIME is on, and I'm able to send, receive and read encrypted messages on my iPhone and iPad running iOS 7.  However, most encrypted messages that contain attachments - and particularly messages that were created using Microsoft Outlook - have an attachment icon that pulsates in an abnormal way.  When the pulsating occurs, I'm never able to open the attachment.

I even tried wiping an iPad running iOS 7 and setting it up as if it were a new device, and received the same results.  I'm confident that this is a bug, but would like to hear from someome outside my circle of colleagues who can share their own experiences post-upgrade.

Robert

• Daniel__W Level 1 Level 1

We have exactly the same behavior on IOS 7 devices..

• sklicko Level 1 Level 1

Hello, I have the same issue on ipad 4 with  ios 7.

• ThTe_Pro Level 1 Level 1

Hello, we observe exactly the same issue on all our iOS7 devices (iPhone/iPad).

In addition the flickering often ends with a complete crash of the email client.

A big problem for us - S/MIME signing and encryption is the only option for us to use iOS devices in a professional environment. The lack of this feature won't allow us to continue using Apple devices in our professional environment.

Apple support team - please provide a fix for this issue asap. Thank you.

• Ralf_F Level 1 Level 1

I have the same problem too. To my view this is really a major bug, which should be solved immidiatly.

Any proffesional use of ipad or iphone is not possible that way.

Please, please solve it !!

Thanks

• Quantumev Level 1 Level 1

I have the same issue too. I started a threat on Sept 20 and so far Apple hasn't replied. This iOS7 is strangely full of bugs.

Apple, please solve it!

Thanks.

• Daniel__W Level 1 Level 1

Ive just sent in crash log files to Apple .. (If i double click on the blinking icon, my mail app crash)

For the record, this problem occurs with iOS 7.0.2 as well.

• pdxSteve Level 1 Level 1

See the same issue.  Emails from Exchange account on iOS 7 with S/MIME also do not appear to get encrypted.

• Strekat600 Level 1 Level 1

from what i have read this is called by the association getting screwed up somewhere along the line.

try removing some 3rd party apps until it starts working.

another fix was to install adobe reader.

good luck to ya

While I sincerely appreciate the desire to help, 3rd-party apps are not the culprit here.  The issue uniformly affects every iOS 7 + S/MIME user that I've come in contact with.  I wiped an iPad and set it up as a new device, to no avail.  And the blog post that I alluded to earlier has been pulling in traffic from all over the world, including from the networks of government agencies and large corporations.

• WaltDizney Level 1 Level 1

Still waiting to hear from Apple on this. This impacts our corporate environment and is a cause of staff dissatisfaction as we require encrypted email. I usually brag about how good the user experience is with encrypted email on the iphone (comapred to Android), I've been quieter lately ....

• Strekat600 Level 1 Level 1

looks to be a pretty swide spread issue. it is happening to a few of my users. perhaps apple will fix this is 7.0.3 or 7.1

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next