Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Image Sizes when exporting from Aperture

Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue.

I generally edit my photos from within Aperture and then pass over to Nik and back to Aperture - no issues there. I end up with files which are between 14mb and 34mb (shot on a full frame) . However, whenever I try and export my images I end up with tiny files. In fact using the export original preset I end up with files no larger than 1.1mb.

If I export using the 1024 preset it ends up about 300k.

I want to export at the original resolution but the only way I seem able to do this at present is by opening the photo from Aperture using Photoshop and then saving from there.

Any help would be much appreciated as I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. I generally dont want to use Photoshop at all.

Thanks

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Aperture 3

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 6:53 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2013 7:04 AM in response to JOHNDMG

1. Make sure you are exporting via "File➞Export➞Version".

2. Double-check the actual settings in your Image Export Preset. (You can see all of these at "Aperture➞Presets➞Image Export ... ".) It is possible that the name of the Image Export does not match its settings.

3. Note that Image size is measured in pixels. File size is measured in bytes. Images of the same size can have different file sizes based on the file format used and the amount of compression.

Sep 23, 2013 7:07 AM in response to JOHNDMG

. In fact using the export original preset I end up with files no larger than 1.1mb.

Are you using the export preset "Jpeg (or tiff) - original size"? Then check, if this preset has been modified.

When exporting a test image, switch the export preset to "Edit" after selecting "Jpeg - original size" and check the size and quality settings of the preset.

User uploaded file

"Size to" should be set to "Original" and the quality value a high value.

Regards

Léonie

Small Image Sizes when exporting from Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.