Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is there a limit on 3 years? it should be all the MacBook Pro mid 2010 with symptoms, there should get their logic board changed for free, mine mac is 3 month late and i had this problem for over a year, but i first saw this article today :(

it should be all the MacBook Pro mid 2010 with symptoms, there should get their logic board changed for free, mine mac is 3 month late and i had this problem for over a year, but i first saw this article today 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 7:11 AM

9 replies

Sep 23, 2013 7:16 AM in response to oskrgroendahl

Some people have had some luck in getting the logic board replaced, even though they've been a couple of months past the three-year purchase period. Since the mid-2010 model began selling in April of 2010 there are a number of people who are just now discovery the source of the problems.

If I were you, I would plead my case to a Store manager or, better yet, go through Apple's customer relations department: you may not get any satisfaction but it's worth a try.

Clinton

Sep 26, 2013 12:03 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Hey Clintonfrombirmingham

I called Apple technical support in Denmark, but with no positive reply.

She couldn't do anything, and said that They had sent a recall Email about the problem and with their offer to repair the Macbook Pro, but I'd never recieved an Email about the problem. She wasn't in power to make an exception. It can't be true that i paid a lot of money, for a product that can't barely stand on its own feets, Apple didn't tell me that the product I was about to buy, would restart every 5 minute. and now when they know the problem, they wont repair it? it just don't make sense for me. If a car seller discovers that all the brakes in a car he had sold, will crash after some years he will call all the cars back to repair no mater what. i just don't understand how Apple will make good service for their custumers, by extending the warranty from 2 to 3 years, but wont take the computers there is a little bit to old, 4 months will make the difference. i can't believe it.

What can i do now?

best regards Oskar 🙂

Sep 26, 2013 2:22 AM in response to oskrgroendahl

The only advice that I can offer is to take your problem directly to Apple's Customer Relations folks. I don't know the phone or an email address for Denmark, but if there's a toll-free number (the one you called, maybe?) call again and ask to speak firectly to Customer Relations.

If you can't get anywhere with Apple Customer Relations, then that's probably the final word.

Give it a try, anyway.

Good luck,

Clinton

Oct 4, 2013 2:46 AM in response to oskrgroendahl

I just had my laptop tested yesterday. The regular test, no problem. But when they did the VST test, it failed. The genius told me $480 for the logic board + $39 for changing the board. I bought the computer on jun 8, 2010 (3 years almost 4 month).

I have also to 2 imac, 4 ipod, 1 ipad. I am fustrated that they won't replaced the board for free for that design flaw.

I will try apple support again with the result log in to my serial number in apple. The computer is more and more unstable.

My question, when the TS4088 was issue. Everybody is finding blog about the problem just recently.

Regards,

Robert

Montreal Quebec Canada

Nov 21, 2013 2:49 AM in response to oskrgroendahl

I'm in Korea and I've got the same problem. I had no idea apple would replace the part in my 15 inch MBP for free. The problem grew worse and worse over the course of a year. I went in for repair 3 years and 3 days after my purchase. Apple said they would not replace the logic board. 2 thousand USD for a computer that lasts 3 years? no thank you. I'll buy a PC from now on.

Nov 23, 2013 12:07 AM in response to oskrgroendahl

I'm from Italy. I recently discovered that my MBP was affected by the video loss problem. I brought it to the apple genius service and they tell me after three days that it passed the VST test so they won't repair it free of charge.

This is very frustrating as the Mac is unusable, very unstable. 400 eur for a Logic board is an unaffordable price after only 3 years of use. Apple should recognize a service extension for this problem and the VST test should be more accurate. I'm very disappointed.

why is there a limit on 3 years? it should be all the MacBook Pro mid 2010 with symptoms, there should get their logic board changed for free, mine mac is 3 month late and i had this problem for over a year, but i first saw this article today :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.