Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S photos are a different dimension to iPhone's screen!!!??

Hi.

I've been using my iPhone 4s for over a year now, and ages ago, I realised that the photos I take with my iPhone are not displayed in FULL, by default, on the phone's screen.

Photos taken are: 3264 x 2448 (4:3)

Screen Display size: 960 x 640 (3:2)

I can understand why screen sizes are whatever Apple want them to be etc...

And I can understand photo sizes being whatever they want them to be etc...

What I don't understand is that with iOS 7, Camera Roll now shows them cropped (I presume to avoid top and bottom black borders - from fitting in a 4:3 image into the 3:2 screen) and there's apparently NOTHING you can do about it.

With iOS6 you could at least drag/pinch the photo inwards in Camera Roll, let go... and it would then show the photo with ALL its pixels intact (scrolling to the next picture and back would then clear your "dragging" and revert back to the "cropped" display)...

but with iOS7 if you try and pinch the photo in, and let go... it slips back into the thumbnail display of all your photos.

The only thing I've been abe to do is: If I take a photo in Portrait, viewing it with the screen in Landscape shows the whole image. Vica Versa with a Landscape image, holding the screen in Portrait will flip the image and show the whole thing... (I guess because the phone is ALREADY not using it's full display screen in these "opposite" viewing modes, Apple is like, "Oh go on then... you can have your whole image I suppose....")

But basically. If I take a picture, I want to be able to see the whole image I captured... In the screen orientation it was taken in!! Not what Apple assumes I want to see!

I'm dumbfounded. Is this seriously what's happening? Or am I dreaming? Is there something obvious I'm missing? Is there a setting somehwre called "display photos in full"??

Is there ANYTHING I can do about this?

Many thanks for your comments, or advice or explanations...

Jon

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 7:17 AM

1 reply

iPhone 4S photos are a different dimension to iPhone's screen!!!??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.