Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change "Trust Computer" setting

On iPhone, I mistakenly clicked "Do Not Trust" when connecting to my computer. How do I change this setting?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 9:34 AM

16 replies

Jan 6, 2014 6:11 AM in response to KLoux

OK, I saw something the few days ago that said something about a limit of 5 computers. Well I have 2 computers that were trusted with one operating system, they both have been ugraded, and so now have been trusted again with the new OS system. Both computers are falling apart and really need to be replaced, but I am an unemployed Disabled veteran who is unable to work because of my service connected disability. So right now I can't afford to get a new laptop and desktop. But if my luck ever changes I would like to, so that will then be more than the 5 I read about the other day. So what do I do then?

Jan 27, 2014 9:43 AM in response to KLoux

Apple iOS Team/Developers should add (or patch this with) the option to remove or reset Trusted Computers.

I'm sure it's in a .plist. Hence why jailbreak comes in handy. Here's what I found and one can see Trusted Computers.

Settings → General → iTunes Wi-Fi Sync

List (Trusted computer)

You can't left swipe to remove the computer(s) or when you select the computer listed; yet no option to remove it there either. (It seems silly not to have this option. If you're think up various scenarios why you'd need to reset/remove Trusted computers. The computer also remembers which iOS Devices has given trust privilges. I couldn't find the .plist in the OS X. If I find it I will update this post accordingly).

So doing Reset all settings isn't in the best interes to the user, unless you want to.

Don't do this:

Settings → General → Reset and select Reset All Settings

Wait for Apple to fix this or petition for it.

Links that are relative to this feature.

1. http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/x-new-and-hidden-settings-in-ios-7
  2. Developer talk in github about trust pairing >>
    https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice/issues/20

Mar 18, 2014 3:35 AM in response to Karimi.MohamadAli

In this article, Apple says, "Note: If you select Trust, the computer will be trusted indefinitely. If you select Don't Trust, you will be asked if you want to trust that computer each time you connect your device to that computer."

Not so with my desk top windoze box. Everytime I sync my phone, I have to select the Trust button - still. I do have the most recent version of iTunes. I'm guessing the windoze box isn't smart enough to remember the phone.

Change "Trust Computer" setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.