Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Issue on Iphone 5

I purchased an Iphone 5 last november and was working on the IOS 6 software, and initially my Wifi connection was working, although it would never remember the network key and I'd have to re-enter it everytime I lost the signal (left the house, turned off wifi, etc.). But eventually the wifi started not connecting when I'd enter the WEP key, with a pop up saying it was unable to connect to the network.

I had hoped when we upgraded to IOS 7 that somehow the issue would resolve itself, but still no dice. Now the network will connect (most of the time, or after several attempts) but the connection is so slow it either takes longer then regular LTE data, or doesn't load a page or app or song at all. What's weird is my laptop and apple tv work great over wifi its only the Iphone thats having issues

I have reset the network settings in the setting mode serveal times. I have even reset all preferences and still nothing. I have even tried resetting the WEP password for the Wifi but still nothing.

Anyone have similar issues and fix this problem. I am losing hope that I'll ever have a wifi connection again.

Not sure if the wifi works in other places, I generally just keep it off now and haven't really thought about it.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 9:57 AM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2013 10:03 AM in response to tedfrombaltimore

Ted, I'm not sure what to suggest but, one of the trouble shooting tasks I would do is try the wifi at another location. Starbucks or another coffee house the offers free wifi. You need to narrow down the problem. Is it the phone or something else? My guess is that your wifi works fine with other devices. That doesn't mean there isn't a problem with your wifi. Maybe configuring the wifi different would help. Could be a lot of issue. Get back to us on what happens at the coffee shop. If your phone exhibits the same symptoms it is probably the phone.

Paul

Wifi Issue on Iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.