Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge my photo's from my external hard drive into my iPhoto on my hard drive

I have 12,000 photos on my external hard drive, and i have about 1200 on my Mac Mini Hard Drive, these 1200 would be duplicates if i merge them, how do I merge into my Mini without Duplicating photo's

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac Mini 2010

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 9:58 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2013 12:51 PM in response to Paulfhannan

And as photos or as an iPhoto library

Which ever it is you have to restore them to disk first and then use them - how you use them depends on what you have - which you still have not answered

I

f these are just photos then import selecting not to import duplicates

If they are in two iPhoto libraries for the same version of iPhoto then use iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - to merge the libraries eliminating duplicates

What do you have?

LN

How do I merge my photo's from my external hard drive into my iPhoto on my hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.