Skip navigation

Safari disappeared?

646 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 11:52 AM by razmee209 RSS
Carbonmade Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Safari suddenly disappeared from my phone. I have an iPhone 5 and upgraded to iOS7. Safari was there as of this morning, but by noon when I went to check something out it's disappeared. Anyone have any clues as to how that could have happened? I did not delete the app and I'm not sure I can anyway. Even if I did, I can't add it back as it's not in the app store. I am completely baffled.

iPhone 5, iOS 7
  • paulcb Level 6 Level 6 (18,670 points)
    Sep 23, 2013 11:49 AM (in response to Carbonmade)

Default apps are part of the iOS and cannot be deleted.  Search all home screens and all folders and/or search for it with Spotlight, that will tell you what folder it's in.

Also check Settings > General > Restrictions to see if it has been restricted.

If not found, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout.

• razmee209 Level 7 Level 7 (21,175 points)
    Sep 23, 2013 11:52 AM (in response to Carbonmade)

Either check your other home screen or restrictions or settings - general - reset - reset home screen layout.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.