Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac with 3Gb fusion drive "no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key. This started over the past 2 weeks, and now occurs every day. Initial boot to MAC OSX is Ok.

I receive the above black screen 'no bootable device' error message daily, after not using my imac for a while. I will note that the computer will boot normally, and after a while, the screen saver initiates. Some time later, I get the black screen error message. I have to hard boot the computer again at this time. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

JTH

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 3Gb fusion drive.

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 12:33 PM

That message means that your Mac restarted and that no bootable volumes were found. First, open System Preferences > Startup Disk, and choose Macintosh HD. Then, see if the problem appears.

Also, open Disk Utility, choose Macintosh HD in the sidebar and verify it. This may be a sign of a hard drive failure

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2013 12:33 PM in response to jeffrey t Hall

That message means that your Mac restarted and that no bootable volumes were found. First, open System Preferences > Startup Disk, and choose Macintosh HD. Then, see if the problem appears.

Also, open Disk Utility, choose Macintosh HD in the sidebar and verify it. This may be a sign of a hard drive failure

Imac with 3Gb fusion drive "no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key. This started over the past 2 weeks, and now occurs every day. Initial boot to MAC OSX is Ok.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.