Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wrong artwork on iphone, but it's correct on itunes?

ok. I downloaded a song off the internet, and on itunes i made sure the album art was correct. I synced it to my iphone, and it displayed a different artwork, to a different song.

i've re-synced multiple times, but it displays a different artwork each time.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 12:30 PM

10 replies

Sep 25, 2013 9:31 AM in response to AneeDee

Hello AnddDee,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I would next try this:

Go to your device in iTunes, and click the Music tab at the top.

User uploaded file

From: iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Uncheck the Sync Music checkbox, then click apply in the lower right corner. Restart both the computer and the iPhone:
iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Then recheck that Sync Music checkbox and click apply.

All the very best,

Sterling

Dec 29, 2013 11:40 PM in response to AneeDee

This happened on my iPhone 4... when I noticed that one of my albums (Album A) only had 2 out of the 16 songs on my iPhone. All songs were checked marked in iTunes on my computer. I looked more closely by going into the "Info menu" on the missing songs and realized that the "Part of a compilation" box was checked on the songs on the "Info tab". I unchecked the box on each song because (Album A) is NOT a compilation of songs...

I then re-synced my phone and the songs showed back up... PROBLEM 1 SOLVED...

However, now an other album (Album B) that I had downloaded displayed the wrong artwork... when previously it was correct. SO PROBLEM 2... or THE ARTWORK PROBLEM...

I read many forums and tried everything and nothing worked... the artwork was correct in iTunes, but wrong on my iPhone.

Then I tried this...

The album that was displaying the wrong artwork (Album B) was a "best of" album... so on that album I actually checked the "Compilation" box for each song by going to the "Info menu" and the "Info tab" and re-synced... then voila!!!

The correct artwork was back!!!!!

Hope this works for you!!!

Jun 30, 2014 11:26 PM in response to sterling r

sterling r wrote:

Hello AnddDee,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I would next try this:

Go to your device in iTunes, and click the Music tab at the top.

User uploaded file

From: iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Uncheck the Sync Music checkbox, then click apply in the lower right corner. Restart both the computer and the iPhone:
iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Then recheck that Sync Music checkbox and click apply.

All the very best,

Sterling

-

Hi Sterling R -

I tried this, but it didn't work. I've also tried the manual add thing... also doesn't work. I should add that I also have the problem that these songs won't play on my iPhone (5s) but do in iTunes. Any other ideas?

Jul 1, 2014 12:56 AM in response to dotScot

Btw... here's a screenshot... it supposedly syncs... but own't play so it apparently attempts to pull from iCloud but fails... so then moves to the next song after a couple seconds.. other songs that are failing do same.

I've tried everything... even tried deleting all copies from iTunes and iPhone, restarting, and then re-downloading... no love. Same issue (exact same incorrect artwork)!

User uploaded file

Feb 10, 2016 4:12 PM in response to dotScot

For what it's worth, I found this online, and maybe many people know about this now. But, I found that to keep my own artwork rather than iTunes Store digital box artwork, I simply turn ON the Airplane Mode on my iPod Touch before synching. My iPod (or iPhone) can't communicate with iTunes during Airplane mode, so it only synchs the art available, which is my library artwork. Then, you can turn Airplane mode OFF to use the internet, Email, phone calls, etc.

wrong artwork on iphone, but it's correct on itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.