Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS7 shows full passwords for all safari websites. How can I encrypt stored passwords?

If you go into settings

safari

passwords and auotfill

saved passwords

then click any website

after typing your lock code you can see your full ID and Password for all websites visited.

I think this is a serious security issue. All someone needs is your code and they can have access to all your passwords.

Shouldnt the passwords be encrypted or just show dots?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 1:54 PM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2014 1:01 PM in response to robertangelini

robertangelini wrote:

If you go into settings

safari

passwords and auotfill

saved passwords

then click any website

after typing your lock code you can see your full ID and Password for all websites visited.

I think this is a serious security issue. All someone needs is your code and they can have access to all your passwords.

Shouldnt the passwords be encrypted or just show dots?

Don't you have a serious password to be able to get into the phone in the first place? What do you mean by "All someone needs is your code and they can have access to all your passwords"? Even if your "code" is "03MaClRiHe&48"?

IOS7 shows full passwords for all safari websites. How can I encrypt stored passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.