Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I still hearing iTunes ads with Matching????

I've been paying for iTunes matching since it was first offered. Like everyone else, I was excited to hear that iTunes Radio would be ad-free with matching accounts. In my first real test listening, I heard about 5 ads for iTunes music downloads in about a given hour. Shouldn't be hearing this.

Signed out, then back in and checked my account to make sure my matching hasn't lapsed for some reason. Can't figure out why i'm hearing these ads about every 3rd or 4th song.

Spotify and Pandora One don't have this problem for premium subscriptions.

Any info, ideas on what I'm missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 11:23 PM

On iOS devices you must have iTM enabled to listen to ad-free iTunes Radio.

4 replies

Oct 1, 2013 6:05 PM in response to BeantownMac

That is unacceptable. I don't use iTunes match on my iOS devices because it clobbers my podcast playlists. So what you're telling me, is that I have the choice of either having working podcasts, or an ad free experience in iRadio? That just ***** and I guess it means that I'm not to be continuing iTunes match next year.

Once again, apple over promises an online service and under delivers.

Why am I still hearing iTunes ads with Matching????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.