Previous 1 29 30 31 32 33 Next 581 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2014 3:34 PM by jacobfreakingharris Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • TJBUSMC1973 Level 5 Level 5 (7,310 points)

    vaportrails2002 wrote:

     

    Wrong

     

    Gee, now I'm really confused!  Looks like you can't mount any counter-point, so feel free to move along.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    And until Apple takes care of the problem, I will never move along.

  • kexicus Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Yes mate, i believe it's the same spammer!

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (43,355 points)

    Same reason they let you do it.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Do what?

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Apple removed your post titled, "Re: wifi greyed out after update to ios7 ," because it contained non-constructive rants or complaints.

     

    And TJBUSMC1973's isn't?

     

    I guess that's only when he turns you in himself

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (43,355 points)

    I reported your offensive post, the mods apparently agreed.

     

    Can the insults and you might be listened to.

  • abyss123 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Im sorry apple for posting an offense word, but can u move early the next update so we can check if this is software problem only or still after the update still the same that time the real problem maybe is the hardware.

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (43,355 points)

    I was not replying to you

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

     

    TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

     

     

    Wi-fi greyed out has been around for a long time, even prior to iOS 6. 

     

    Really? Where, When? What caused it to gray out? iOS upgrade or just one or two random phones, most likely dropped or something? If it has been around such a long time as you say, why didn't Apple address it? Especially after the wifi issues after iOS 6.1.3. That was the main start of the problems and it just got bigger with the upgrade to iOS7. We all know it isn't a software issue....It's the software update and heat generated from the upgrade that causes the problems, or at least that is our guess. Apple has never made a statement saying if this is true or not. The Apple store told me it was the wifi antenna. I think it is the chip itself and that is why it eats the battery also. I also updated 122 or so Apps at once last night using wifi only. Everyone keeps saying it is the "large downloads" that causes the problems, so I thought I would try to blow mine up, apparently mine was made with a "good chip". The largest App I did with the others last night was 1.10 GB. I'll try yo get the video up on youtube soon, not that it matters because it survived the test. I feel like spending the $$ for the replacement for my wifes phone so I can grab video of the upgrade and what happens.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    I reported your offensive post, the mods apparently agreed.

     

    Can the insults and you might be listened to.

    Thanks

  • Bin Kroon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    TJBUSMC19713; if you don't like what is being written, why don't you just stop visiting these pages?

    Certainly quite a few people would applaud this and it would take a lot of rant (action-reaction) away.

    It seems like you have the time and enjoy filling up your days on these discussion pages.

     

    Since you have gained some apple points sappearantly you do have some qualities to share.

    Unfortunately just not in this discussion.

    Why don't you go and make yourself useful on other topics? Sure you can make other people happy with your input!

  • Bobdc6 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I took my iPhone 4 to the Apple store last week to let them check the battery drain problem.  They took the phone and checked the whole thing, found NO problems with the phone, the battery, or the software.  I hadn't noticed the greyed out wifi at that time, and since the Genius didn't say anything about it, I assume that it was working too.  Since all systems checked out in specs, and the phone worked just fine 3 days before on ios 6, the update to ios 7 must be the problem (my conclusion).  I also thought that the phone seemed warmer than usual, so I took it's temp. with a mercury thermometer, off the charger, all apps off except for 3g, ambient temp. 74degrees, the phone temp. was 90 degrees. Wifi still working this morning, two days after auto shutdown.

     

    Hope this helps.

  • TJBUSMC1973 Level 5 Level 5 (7,310 points)

    Bin Kroon wrote:

     

    TJBUSMC19713; if you don't like what is being written, why don't you just stop visiting these pages?

    Certainly quite a few people would applaud this and it would take a lot of rant (action-reaction) away.

    It seems like you have the time and enjoy filling up your days on these discussion pages.

     

    Since you have gained some apple points sappearantly you do have some qualities to share.

    Unfortunately just not in this discussion.

    Why don't you go and make yourself useful on other topics? Sure you can make other people happy with your input!

     

    Why do I keep coming back?  To correct misconceptions fostered by other people, and guide new users that come to this thread to the correct information. Not every new user will read through 30+ pages.  So, if a new user posts in this thread, and seems to not understand how to resolve the issue, then I'll be glad to suggest the CORRECT procedures.

     

    I don't care about points.  I've never cared about points.  But I do care about giving out correct information, as well as helping to make sure these threads stay on topic.

     

    I don't like bullies or liars, so until such people choose to stop acting in such a manner, I'll be glad to spend some of my free time sharing accurate information, and correcting falsehoods.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

     

    Bin Kroon wrote:

     

    TJBUSMC19713; if you don't like what is being written, why don't you just stop visiting these pages?

    Certainly quite a few people would applaud this and it would take a lot of rant (action-reaction) away.

    It seems like you have the time and enjoy filling up your days on these discussion pages.

     

    Since you have gained some apple points sappearantly you do have some qualities to share.

    Unfortunately just not in this discussion.

    Why don't you go and make yourself useful on other topics? Sure you can make other people happy with your input!

     

    Why do I keep coming back?  To correct misconceptions fostered by other people, and guide new users that come to this thread to the correct information. Not every new user will read through 30+ pages.  So, if a new user posts in this thread, and seems to not understand how to resolve the issue, then I'll be glad to suggest the CORRECT procedures.

     

    I don't care about points.  I've never cared about points.  But I do care about giving out correct information, as well as helping to make sure these threads stay on topic.

     

    I don't like bullies or liars, so until such people choose to stop acting in such a manner, I'll be glad to spend some of my free time sharing accurate information, and correcting falsehoods.

    What misconceptions? You are guessing at the whole problem like everyone else. Apple never came out and said what was wrong and what is causing the issue because they know they are in the wrong here.

     

    And anyone that does have this problem is going to read the whole thread and all posts by others. Do you think people just browse the forum just to read it for fun? No, they are here because their wifi is also grayed out. This thread is just one of many. Other have 60 + pages and over 925 replies. That is just one of many! These are just the ones I am following:

    apple.jpg

     

    The threads speak for themselves in regards to there being a major problem!

     

    You can talk warranty all day long and that is the only thing you have to offer. The way I see it is Apples iOS 7 upgrade destroyed a huge amount of phones and they should own up to it and deal with their mistake and stop hiding behind a warranty. It was their own upgrade that did this. Any other time, to a couple of phone, so be it, but that isn't the case here and it is becoming more obvious by the day.

     

    We all know it's not a software issue, its a hardware issue...caused by a software update process. Apples own software update process they said would work on the iPhone 4s. They knew there was a problem with wifi blowing out going back to iOS 6.1.3, so why didn't they take care of the issue before hand. Calculated risk maybe? It seems like that didn't work out to well for them.

     

    You have corrected no "falsehoods", you are just hiding behind the warranty excuse like Apple is! Apple caused the issue with our phones and Apple should fix the problem. No one is looking for a free handout, we just want our phones to work like they did before we installed iOS 7......Apple should fix this...enough said!

Previous 1 29 30 31 32 33 Next