Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cannot load the page because the network connection was lost

Safari refuses to connect to this one particular website: forums.mangafox.me.

It gives the following error message: Safari cannot load the page because the network connection was lost.

Other browsers are able to connect to this website without any problem, using the same iPad, same wifi or ATT connection, nearly the same time (the time it takes to open the other browser and key in the address is the only time difference).

Safari used to be able to load this particular website without any issue before I upgraded to iOS 7.

I have cleared cache, cookies, website data, restarted iPad, "renew lease" on wifi connection then restarted iPad, restarted airport, turned off the cookie blocker & pop-up blocker. None of those attempts worked.

It is particularly annoying that I cannot access this one website using Safari. Any suggestions?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 3:06 PM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2013 6:26 AM in response to d1r31

I'm having the exact same issue with several sites, two of which I actually control:

http://longhollow.com and http://nashvillenightlife.com/events

Both return 200 OK in their logs; it is certainly not a coding issue, but a majorly weird issue with Safari in iOS 7. The sites load fine in every other browser/device/OS combo I throw at them, including Chrome in iOS 7.

Sep 24, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Eric Murrell

I can access your websites using Opera lite and other browsers, but I cannot access them when I use Safari. I think it is really odd that I am denied access to random parts of the internet when I use Safari. This was not the case before I updated to iOS 7.

When you did the update, were those sites open in tabs in Safari? I am starting to wonder if all tabs needed to be closed or else whatever site was open would get blocked after the update. I'm desperately pulling at straws!

Oct 11, 2013 5:09 AM in response to LukasGrebe

I get the same thing with our in-house proxy server. We use proxy authentication with an SSL login page. The login page will flash up for half a second then Safari shows the netowrk connection was lost page. Our proxy authentication page worked in iOS6. I called Apple support and got to tier 2. Their response was (boiled down) that they had changed the way they handle proxy servers in iOS7 and that our proxy server was too old now. They were not going to address the problem. They expect us to. Good luck.

Oct 18, 2013 4:50 PM in response to d1r31

Update.

Since Safari was acting so uppity about forums.mangafox.me, I had switched to a browser called Mercury. All was well. Everyday, I could use Mercury to visit my forum. Until 10/18/13, after it automatically updated a fix that included "improved - support for iOS 7". Now guess what started to happen? I get an error that it cannot liad page when I visit that forum. So annoying! I will have to keep some old browser that no longer gets updates in order to visit that forum.

Mar 8, 2014 11:24 AM in response to jezziebezzie

I just started having this problem about a month ago with my ipad3. It's been getting worse. Almost one out of four times I click on a link, I get the "Safari can't open the page". I have to swipe up and turn airplane mode on, wait a second, then turn it off. Then I click refresh on Safari, and like magic the page loads... I wasn't having any issues with iOS 7 up until the last month. This is extremely frustrating. It's not a problem with my router, nor my ISP, this is directly an issue with one of the recent updates in iOS 7.

Mar 8, 2014 9:18 PM in response to dgalas

Dunno if it's the same for everyone, but I figured out my issue.

I'm in Canada & also signed up for a US ISP Provider.

When I cleared the US IP addresses from the DNS Field in my WiFi connection & went back to just my Canadian access only, I found I could view Amazon.com & the few other pages I was having trouble with.

Just remember to save your US ISP so you can add 'em back to your DNS once you're finished on the page you need. (Not like I'm saying that from experience or anything...)

Apr 12, 2016 5:49 AM in response to d1r31

While using safari on iPhone we are getting problem to use SSL on all our websites. Chances are that the problem will be with the iPad and Mac as well. We are trying to find the problem from last couple of days and its seems that the issue is with the SSL certificates itself but not sure.

To justify we have created a simple https form page on two different URL (https://www.netlawmancanada.com/contact-app/index.php (SSL certificate from COMODO)& https://dev.balboacapital.com/contact-app/index.php (SSL certificate from godaddy).

Open these URL using iPhone, iPad, Mac and give any input and press the submit button, on other domain mentioned above the same page appear again and on www.netlawmancanada.com domain it gives error message “Safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost”.

Any suggestion to find the exact reason..!

Safari cannot load the page because the network connection was lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.