Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to ios7 now The proxy settings won't remain in my wifi settings and I can't access internet at my school where I work. Help?

I Updated to iOS 7 now the proxy settings won't remain or activate in my wifi settings so I can't use any internet based apps when I'm at school where I work

please advise

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 3:13 PM

16 replies

Oct 8, 2013 11:51 AM in response to Caf20

I and others are also having this problem at my workplace, though it is not universal. Those affected are constantly prompted to re-enter our credentials for our proxy server. All of the HTTP PROXY settings are correctly entered in the Manual tab for our wireless network. The Server, Port and Username settings are all retained, but the Password disappears after a day, at most, and then the proxy server authentication prompts start all over again.

Apr 26, 2014 9:09 PM in response to Caf20

I just bought Ipad Air today - same thing for me - Proxy settings do not work. I have 7.1.1 The proxy settings work perfectly on the Ipad2 - Beginning to wonder why I spent 1100 updating to a new Ipad today. Really really upset.

I tried changing the settings on Safari and it didn't make any difference. - what can I do to fix this. it's really really annoying

I updated to ios7 now The proxy settings won't remain in my wifi settings and I can't access internet at my school where I work. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.