Previous 1 2 Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2015 2:26 PM by pevm
gigi1022 Level 1 (0 points)

When i get text messages and I'm using my phone it doesn't alert me even when I went to the notification center and put it as alert.  This has only happened with iOS 7 not with the previous update.

iPhone 4, iOS 7
  • adambarns Level 1 (0 points)

I had exactly the same problem. Just rest the phone (Held down power button and home button until screen went off and until the apple appeared).

When it came back on, good as new.

I think its safe to say that ios 7, as good as it is, looks and feels, still has some slight technical bugs that need fixing!!

Adam

• avafonso87 Level 1 (0 points)

I have exactly the same problem as with the update to ios7, receive notification of all but the messages do not get anything, not own icon in the message indicates the number of new messages.

• stephanickety Level 1 (5 points)

This is my exact same problem. I never had this problem until I updated my phone to iOS 7.  Now, I don't get any text alerts on the lock screen or any text tones.  I've done hard resets.  I've erased my phone and reset it and then restored with a back up.  I've reset all my tones to default.  I've tried changing notifications, changing it from banners to alerts. I've tried taking notifications off and then back on.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Nothing fixes it. This is driving me crazy.  My children communicate with me by text and I can no longer depend on my phone to alert me to their messages.

• avafonso87 Level 1 (0 points)

Problem solved, my batery goes down and my device reboot. And problem solvd. try that

• chdehart Level 1 (0 points)

I also had this problem (iPhone 4 upgrade to iOS 7). I did the reset as adambarnes described and still had the issue. I then killed the Messages app (push Home button twice and flick upwards on the Messages app), performed the reset, and now everything is working fine.

• Carmen155 Level 1 (5 points)

Check your settings under do not disturb. Mine was set to manual and a little moon was displyed near the location symbol at the top of the screen. Once I disabled that it's been working fine.

• DShaelene Level 1 (0 points)

This worked!!! Thank you this has been driving me crazy! It even says under it that if manual is on, it will not alert you. I am so relieved!

• WillowFae Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the same problems and it is driving me mad.  I've looked under 'do not disturb' and it is not on manual.  Any other ideas?

• capesnr Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem after installing the iOS 7.0.3 update. I don't know if this is the root of the problem, but in the Notification Center I can't get Messages to show Alerts...it just shows Badges and Banners even after I set an Alert sound, set Show in Notification Center, Show on Lock Screen, Show Preview, Repeat Alerts 3 times, and Show Alerts from Everyone. DND is set with Manual and Scheduled OFF and Silence to Only when IPhone is locked. I get sounds for everything else, but obviously if you can't turn alerts on, you won't get a sound. Has anyone told Apple about this?

• denisemost Level 1 (0 points)

Solution: In Notifications section for texts: Turn on Badge app icon; turn on "show in notification center"; turn on banners option -- not Alerts, so that the number of incoming text is always updated

• Awc87 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem I go to settings notification center then messages and I turn the badges or alerts on. They randomly stop coming through I go back to settings and the setting is now shut off with no explanation. Hard reset doesn't always work. I also don't always have this problem. Guess I'm gonna have to restore to see if that solves the problem.

• Snake777 Level 1 (0 points)

The reset worked for me, thanks!

• Hottimes Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, that did the trick for me.

• jjp288 Level 1 (0 points)

i tried for 2 days and this finally fixed it

kill the Messages app (push Home button twice and flick upwards on the Messages app), performed the reset (Held down power button and home button until screen went off and until the apple appeared), and now everything is working fine.

Previous 1 2 Next