Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream - turned off but still showing up on Mac

I've never turned My Photo Stream on on my iPhone. However, all of the pictures/screenshots that I've taken with iPhone are showing up in iPhoto on my Mac in a Photo Stream albumn under a Web heading.

Since I sync my phone regularly and import the photos that I want, I don't want/need an automatic stream of everything I do on the phone (thus, having My Photo Stream turned off).

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 4:53 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2013 11:18 PM in response to Smhearty

However, all of the pictures/screenshots that I've taken with iPhone are showing up in iPhoto on my Mac in a Photo Stream albumn under a Web heading.

Have you automatic upload to the Photo Stream enabled in iPhoto on your Mac? Then your Mac will upload the iPhone photos to the Photo stream as soon as you import them to your iPhoto Library. Automatic upload will add any photo to the Photo Stream that you import to your mac, independent of the source it is imported from.

-- Léonie

photo stream - turned off but still showing up on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.