Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

distorted sound on ipad 2 using ios7

when playing music, streaming tv and radio the sound is heavely distorded in the speaker and using headphones. this has only occured in ios7 on my 16GB ipad2 with verizion CDMA. I purchased this ipad back in October 2011 and never had any issues until i updated it early monday morning September 23rd.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7, Distorded sound

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 4:55 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2013 7:02 AM in response to mannhimself

I tried a soft reset as described by demo which had worked last time I had problems (distortion of all sounds across both speakers and earphones. I fixed it this time by doing a reset of settings only: Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings only. DON'T hit the wrong one and rest the whole iPad!!! It does repeatedly check you want to reset the settings, just to be sure. This restored the sound.

distorted sound on ipad 2 using ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.