Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my mini ipad to ios 7, I've lost the inbox folder in the left pane of the email app.

I can select folders like "Important", "Sent Mail", "Drafts", "All Mail", but the "Inbox" folder is missing.

Surprisingly, if I choose to move a message, I get "Inbox" as one of the available destination folders.

I'm using gmail with a plain inbox (no tabs) and set to spanish language.

Thank you for any suggestions!

mini ipad-OTHER, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 3:07 PM

Same here .. No " inbox folder" I thought I was loosing my mind ! It's driving me crazy someone please help :(

8 replies

Sep 25, 2013 3:48 PM in response to browncow4

Ok here's an update .. I went into settings and then mail/ contacts/ calendars .. Here's the thing I've no idea what I did but I turned on and off a few buttons and when I returned to my mail there was my inbox ... Sorry I can't be of more help .. I hope you find it .. Seems like something was turned off but I can't be sure what :/ hope it helps some bit to get you on the right track ..

Sep 25, 2013 3:58 PM in response to marcote

I lost a whole load of things when I updated to ios7 on my Mini.

Eg, I couldn't go back to my Inbox after entering a thread, I lost the Edit button etc. After long chats with someone from Apple Support (who had had the same problem on her iPhone after upgrading to ios7), we managed to fix it by restarting the Mail app:

Press the Home button twice

Swipe Up on the Mail app to Force Quit

Re-enter Mail

It all worked after that. I don't know if that would help you. Sorry if it is too simple.

Mar 16, 2014 5:00 AM in response to marcote

I recently experienced the "missing inbox" problem after upgrading to 7.0.4 on my iPad4. All I had showing in the Mail sidebar was the "VIP" folder with the "drafts", "sent" & "junk" folders below it. The "inbox" had disappeared? I tried the suggestions from others .... and none of them worked for me. What worked for me was to use the expand gesture on the left side column and the inbox was back. I don't know....maybe it was hidden, but whatever the reason..... it's back and all is well. Hope this helps!

Apr 27, 2014 7:22 AM in response to marcote

I did the same as browncow4 & it worked...thanks for the suggestion!

Ok here's an update .. I went into settings and then mail/ contacts/ calendars .. Here's the thing I've no idea what I did but I turned on and off a few buttons and when I returned to my mail there was my inbox ... Sorry I can't be of more help .. I hope you find it .. Seems like something was turned off but I can't be sure what :/ hope it helps some bit to get you on the right track ..

After updating my mini ipad to ios 7, I've lost the inbox folder in the left pane of the email app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.