Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 compatibility with newer OS?

I am an editor who has not made the jump to FCP X. Everything I have been reading in my research for answers was posted between 2011 and the present. I read where Final Cut Studio will work with Lion. I am unclear if it will work with Mountain Lion. I wanted to install some plugins but it said I needed 10.7 or above to do the install and I am still using 10.6.8 Snow Leopard on my iMac machine and Leopard on my Macbook Pro. I am just trying to see what OS I can upgrade to and still be able to edit work with FCP 7.

Thanks!

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:23 PM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2014 12:18 PM in response to DVX100Shooter

weeeeelllll. For a bunch of reasons, I upgraded to Mavericks (to run a few programs that had to be on Mavericks). Everything pretty much worked fine, until... I started having issues with my blackmagic intensity pro card. Finally said screw it, and went back to the snowleopard partition. I've still got the mavericks boot partition and I'm sure I'll have to move to Avid and Premiere within a year or so.

FCP 7 compatibility with newer OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.