Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad iOS 7 screen rotation

Ever since the ios7 update the screen rotation on my iPad has stopped working. Any tips or help?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 6:01 PM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2013 6:08 PM in response to Shastymax

Are you sure that the screen isn't locked? You do not see the padlock icon in the upper right corner?

If the screen isn't locked, reboot the iPad. Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Dec 15, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Shastymax

Hello,

I have the same problem with the blocked screen orientation on my ipad3. Since yesterday, tried everything. Rebooting, hard rebootong, changing selection for my side button,....everything and still no change. Is it possible to have a hardware problem with the gyroscope or is it a software issue that apple should fix with atch or upgrade for ios?

Or maybe anyone has an idea to fix it?

Thanks guys!

iPad iOS 7 screen rotation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.