Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match has encountered an error. Please choose Sign Out and then Sign In from the Store menu and try again.

I'm on a MBP 10.8.5 with iTunes 11.1. Songs appear with gray iCloud icons so perhaps they are trying to upload but it's been over a day and they haven't made any further progress.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iTunes Match

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 7:01 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2013 8:04 AM in response to donavanm

Im on Windows 7 and 8.1 with the latest 11.1.1.11 iTunes version... and each and every time I open iTunes on any of my computers it asks me to sign out and back in, then I have to re-add the computer to itunes Match (fairly quick process)

If I do not do this, I get the above symptoms and cannot download anything from my collection.

Also I tried to replace a song with the provided 256k version, but it will allways download the 192k version even when it says "Matched"

Nov 5, 2013 9:25 PM in response to cheekyjeremy

I think I had several things go wrong, I'm not sure what the final solution was but I'm working finally. As well as the songs not uploading to the cloud, I couldn't get into my account info either through iTunes. Trashing all the preferences related to iTunes worked once, but I'd have to trash them every time I went into the account settings. After finally getting the songs to upload, only purchased songs appeared on the Apple TV. Found out the Apple TV was buggy, after it was replaced things started working. I'm not sure if that's what actually fixed it or if was an updated or the stars alignment. Good luck!

Nov 6, 2013 3:04 PM in response to donavanm

I think its something related to the iTunes/Apple passwords stored in Keychain Access.

Ive had iTunes Match since it first came out way back when (in 2011 I think?). I had this issue up until a few months ago on two of my Macs when all of a sudden the problems disappeared.

Then yesterday I decided to go through the Keychains on one of my macs and because I am OCD i started deleted saved passwords/logins/etc that I thought I didnt use anymore. I deleted so many logins, local items, system items, and system roots....

I have now gotten this error message three times on this mac.

I dont know which type of stored login or system item I deleted that would cause this. But based on cause and effect Im pretty positive this narrows down where to look for a solution.

Rich

Feb 5, 2014 2:37 AM in response to cheekyjeremy

I had suffered from this promlem for a few months using Windows 8 and 8.1.

I solved the problem by copying QTMovieWin.dll from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes

It seems that iTunes is perhaps picking this dll from an alternate location and getting some exception that prevent it goin through the remainder of the start up [including re-connecting the store and match]

Iain

iTunes Match has encountered an error. Please choose Sign Out and then Sign In from the Store menu and try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.