Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari times out when uploading. Is there a fix?

I'm a fan of the Safari webbrowser, BUT, for years it has pained me that it times out when uploading multiple images. I have scowered the internet in hopes to find a solution, but I find only third party plugins that don't look like they are from reliable sources.

Chrome and Firefox can sit there and upload for any period, but Safari just stopps after 10-20 images, sometimes less. It seems more time dependant than anything else.

I worked for tech support for a big company. We used to get loads of calls about this and we were instructed to tell people to use Chrome or Firefox.

Why has it been so many years without a native fix? Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a simple fix or a plugin from a reliable source?

Many thanks,

Tom

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 7:53 PM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2013 4:56 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for your reply. My upload speed is 0.85Mbps.

I'm sure this is not the issue however as it has been the same since I lived in Sweden with 100/100Mbps. When I worked at my old job with over 2 million customers uploading across Australia I would just have to advise all mac users to use another webbrowser because of this issue.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Safari times out when uploading. Is there a fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.