Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s - iOS7 problems (heating up, battery life, "Other" category)

Hi,

Upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS7 a few days ago.

Unlike previous upgrades, this time I was not asked whether to create as new or restore from backup - everything was in place just as defined under iOS6.

So this means all my huge "Other" was still there (now iTunes allows to differentiate between user data and "real" other, although still does not allow us to browse that category).

Since upgrading I have noticed that:

1. My iPhone heats up very much during use and during recharge - this has not happened ever before (nor with my previous 3Gs).

2. Battery life is terrible - only while in use. Again, this has not happened before - under iOS6 battery would decrese rather rapidly even in standby mode.

I've read and implememnted all of the published tips regarding saving battery life, including turning off the new functionality, closing apps etc.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

And regarding the "Other" category, I installed iBackupBot for iTunes, which shows that user data is only about 250MB (this does not include app data such as maps, music, movies... ). On the other hand iTunes shos this to be ~1.6GB. I can't understand this inconsistency.

I was installing a SATNAV app and ran out of space, so I deleted all my music and resynced twice. The Other category dropped by about half - to ~760MB (this implies what I have suspected for a long time - there's some sort of cache or duplicates that is kept somewhere in the device, causing all this Other trouble).

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 8:54 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4s - iOS7 problems (heating up, battery life, "Other" category)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.