Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5S ios 7 voice memo

Is anyone experiencing the same issue as me ?

After recording a voice memo on the new ios 7,

I name the recording and then try my best to edit it.

I record in Logic Pro so I am very familiar with cutting audio files but this is ridiculous :-)

When I try to trim the beginning of the voice memo from the left red marker , the right red marker moves also in the opposite direction making it impossible to edit properly. I've looked for tutorials, I've researched this on the web but have found nothings at all, I assume because it is so brand new.

Wondering if anyone else is suffering from this.

It also gets worse the longer the voice memo, I recorded an acoustic set I did recently and wanted to edit out some background noise before I started playing and I just can't do it captain .

Thank you all and have a wonderful night.

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 10:57 PM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2013 11:54 AM in response to d rock

Hey D

I am feeling your pain right now, this editor is an utter catastrophe!!! I have just tried for 20 mins to edit out 5 mins of an hour long clip and it was nigh on impossible. I gave up, imported it into Logic and spliced it up that way. The old voice memo was perfect, don't know what Apple is thinking by changing it to this fumbly interface. I'm actually in mourning over the loss of all the once perfectly usable and great (and now pretty much UNusable and awful) apps in the new iOS7. Voice memos I use daily and rely on them heavily for music.... 😟

Back to the drawing board...maybe Samsung does a better voice recorder now? Anyway rant over. I know it didn't help you to figure out the problem - but at least maybe you don't feel like the only one with this issue!

Will let you know if I find anything else useful on the subject.

Good luck!

Oct 12, 2013 4:14 PM in response to d rock

Guys i too have had the same issue on my partners phone, she works in a uni and she records meeting minutes this has happened 3 tims to her now so i decided to investigate the problems 🙂 i am glad to say that her phone is now working fine and we have made 2 very long successful recordings after we did what i put in my blog.

http://www.thesuperkev.com/2013/10/ios-7-memo-0000-fix.html

Jan 25, 2014 11:16 PM in response to d rock

Not sure if the issue was resolved with subsequent ios7 updates, but I've found that if you want to trim your memo at the start, play it to the point you want to stop it, pause - then hit edit. It gives you a blue line where you got to and I seem to be able to move the first red line up to the blue line without it moving the second red line. Trim that, then repeat with the end of the recording. Still not as good as the prior version though, agreed.

Iphone 5S ios 7 voice memo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.