Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork Pages Support Help!

Hello, I am working with my homework and I experienced a problem, how to add the textbox to the header? And how do I move items in the header, it seems tobe complicated, please help!User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 3:50 AM

6 replies

Sep 24, 2013 11:35 AM in response to jimmywong1111

You haven't told us what version of Pages or OSX you are using and the post heading is a rather silly and unilluminating head for a forum on Pages' problems.

We can't see your preview or what you're trying to achieve or why your teacher wants you to do it this way.

Perhaps if you repeated the teacher's instructions we could figure out where you are going wrong.

To get a Textbox into another object can be difficult, it tends to paste the text content of the box rather than the text itself, but click on either the Textbox once, or its edge, and if the textbox handles (little squares on the corners and edge centres) are showing, you have the Textbox itself and can cut then paste it after clicking into the header.

Once pasted in the header it acts just like a text character and can be aligned left, centre or to the right, or positioned with tabs on the ruler.

Peter

Sep 25, 2013 12:45 AM in response to jimmywong1111

HI Jimmy,

Objects, including images and text boxes can be inserted into headers and footers only as inline objects.

Text boxes can be placed in front of images only is the text box is a floating object.

Playing with this a bit tonight, I've found two ways of placing a text box into a header and having the text overlap the image.

One is to place the text box in front of (or partly in front of) the image, then group the two objects.

Copy the grouped objects, then Paste into the header. In the image below, the grouped object has been centered in the header:

User uploaded file

The other is to set up the text box and the text it is to contain, then Copy it.

Paste the text box into the Header.

Paste the image into the body of the document, then change it to a floating object, set Wrap to 'none', resize it if necessary, and place it in position covering part or all of the text.

With the image selected, go Arrange > Send objects to background. In this case, the text box will be in the header, but the image will be behind the header (not in it), and will not carry to succeeding pages:

User uploaded file

The frame of the text box, and of the header can bee seen here with View > Show Layout turned on. With that toggled off, the same header appears this way:

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

iWork Pages Support Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.