Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my purchases does not show up in the MAC App Store

When i purchased my iMac i purchased Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition, once i beat the game i uninstalled the game and now I want to redownload the game but it is missing from my purchases. I know it is still offered in the MAC App Store so could some please tell me how to get the MAC App store to display this in my purchases, so i can redownload the game.

Tony

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 4:57 AM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2013 5:03 AM in response to Axeman1020

Axeman,

I have done that each of my purchases are there except Deus Ex. I purchased Quake along with it and that game is still there. So i need to contact Support. I tried itunes support, but they did not help very much. Not sure if they are one in the same, but not helpful at all. I even sent a screen shot of my purchases showing them it was missing, but no luck.

Tony

Sep 25, 2013 4:06 AM in response to TonyM64

You should be backing up up periodically.

Things go wrong and errors occur.

A developer reserves the right to pull an app from the itunes store, movies can become unavailable, etc..

For the most part you can redownload purchases without issue but there is never a guarantee.

Did you check to see if it was hidden as Dah•veed suggested?

Oct 2, 2013 9:53 AM in response to TonyM64

I dont understand here people say to do back up in order to secure my purchase? It doesn't make sense at all. Since app store gets payments for some specific items so APPLE MUST SECURE people's purchases that has paid. Many people do not do back up because either way they are very busy or they hesitate it since the back up hard space requirement is just too much. Other than APPLE SECURING THESE PURCHASES, non of solution would work for the people. I have roughly 100+ paid app and now I cannot find anything unless I remember. This is really wrong! How can they make it like that by making people paying it! And I have no ideas what apps exactly I paid through out 5 years of using them. It's rediculous. If they want to do like this, apple should pay back all my money.!!!!!!! Going to baking up , using right ID and so on are not the SOLUTION to reveal what I paid!! I have this problem since 4 years ago and this APPLE NEVER FIX IT!!!!

Oct 2, 2013 9:58 AM in response to HGT500H

You can view your puchase history here:

On your computer, open iTunes Store > Accounts > sign in > Purchase History > See All.

If you paid for it then it is yours therefore your responsibility.

If you purchased a CD and misplaced it, should you be able to go back to the store for another one?

If it is valuable then secure it.

Do you not backup your computer? Photos, videos documents, etc...?

Oct 2, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Axeman1020

Wow. Axeman. It make sense so much what you said but if thats really Apple's phylosophy, it is a great misfortune and it's great disappointment! I have tried all that still does not show many purchases I made. So question comes down to this. Is this my fault ? or Apple's fault? I partitially agree with what you said, but still to me it's ridiculous tho. And I still think it's their irresposibility. And I tried Unhiding purchases as well. Guess what happened. Nothing. It's still same.

Oct 2, 2013 10:04 AM in response to HGT500H

I am not saying that it is Apple's philosophy. Apple makes these purchases available providing the developer's don't pull their apps. I am simply saying that you should consider it to be no different than anything else you purchase.

No, Apple doesn't say you must do a backup. Neither does Microsoft or Google.

It isn't mandatory, just good practice and now you can see why.

Oct 2, 2013 10:37 AM in response to HGT500H

Apple does not secure your purchases. Apple instructs you to secure your purchases. Apple instructs you to secure your purchases with a backup because an app or other content may not always be available from the iTunes or Mac App Store. Developers may decide to no longer make their app available through the Apple stores.

You may want to push your responsibility off on Apple to secure your purchases, but all the excuses you offered boil down to being lazy. If your content that you pay good money for is not important to you, by all means don't secure it by backing it up.

One of my purchases does not show up in the MAC App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.